Monday, March 19, 2012

Dear World,

Olivia is wonderful because she joined my blog. (But not only because of that.)

And in honour of her I'm going to share with you all something written by a lady whom Olivia loves very much (I share the sentiment, btw).
It goes with the theme of abandonment, surrender... that good stuff.

"Let us remind ourselves and remind one another by our manner of living that there is peace only in complete surrender. We will never find peace in a partial surrender, a grudging surrender. But we will find it as a work of love in complete surrender. We will find rest and fulfillment in being totally occupied with what we are called to do, with what we have promised to do. Keep always that posture of the heart, adoring before God, adoring before his holy will. 'I admonish, and pray, and exhort you,' my daughters, and my own poor self, that we love in complete surrender, that we be totally occupied with what we are called to do, and that by faithful practice we keep always the agility of the heart to fall prostrate in adoration of God and his most dear will. In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen."

-Mother Mary Francis, P.C.C.




Happy St. Joseph's Day!




...there will be another post on here at some point. some point. Right now I'm too busy looking at our beautiful Cherry Blossoms!

4 comments:

  1. Haha! Thanks, Catie. Love you, too!

    – Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another quote from Mother Mary Francis, P.C.C.

    "Hidden away from the glare and noise of worldly living, we are enclosed in the womb of holy Church. I walk down the cloisters, and my heart moves to a single tune: Lord it is good, so good to be here."

    – Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I ever write a book on life in a cloistered Poor Clare convent, like Mother Mary Francis, I will tell all of you, and you can buy it. =)

    – Olivia

    ReplyDelete